Registration has closed
Please indicate whether you intend to be at the Arrival and Registration reception on the evening of Monday, 2 December. This event is included in the registration fee.
Please indicate whether you intend to be at the Colloquium Dinner on the evening of Wednesday, 4 December. The dinner will be held in the Trinity Rooms at the conference venue. The cost is included in the registration fee. Extra tickets ($60) can be purchased. The dinner is buffet with a variety of choices; however please tell us on the form of any dietary restrictions if this is a concern.
Please indicate whether you intend to present a contributed talk or a poster.
The title and abstract may be submitted now or later.
You will need to submit an abstract online by 13 November, using the link provided to you when you register.
It is expected that talks will occupy 25 minutes including questions; 5 minutes will be allowed for movement between sessions.
The poster session will be held at lunchtime on Tuesday. The poster stands accommodate posters of A0 size or smaller, in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Aitken and ANZIAM Poster Prizes
- The Aitken prize ($500) is awarded by the New Zealand Mathematical Society for the best contributed talk by a student at the Colloquium. Entrants must be enrolled (or have been enrolled) for a degree in mathematics at a university or other tertiary institution in New Zealand in 2013. The Aitken Prize honours the New Zealand-born mathematician A.C. Aitken.
“How do I win the Aitken prize: what is looked for in student mathematics presentations?” appeared in the NZMS Newsletter 103➶ (August 2008), 27-28. There is also an article about posters in the August 2011 of the NZMS Newsletter.
- The ANZIAM poster prize ($200) is awarded to the best poster by an early career researcher (precisely: the first author of the paper must be either a student, or within 5 years of the completion of their highest degree).
If you wish to be considered for either prize, please indicate this on the registration form.
For NZMS members:
- Student/retiree $160 (NZD) before 1 November, $185 (NZD) on or after 1 November.
- Non-student $320 (NZD) before 1 November, $370 (NZD) on or after 1 November.
- Student/retiree $185 (NZD).
- Non-student $370 (NZD).
(The above amounts include GST.)
To join the NZMS please contact the Membership Secretary.
The cancellation policy is as follows:
- Registration cancelled on or before 13 November: registration fee less a $50.00 administration fee will be refunded.
- Cancellation made on or after 14 November: registration fees will not be refunded. Replacement delegates will be accepted at any time.
There are a number of payment options. To pay by credit card, please follow the link made available after you complete the on-line registration form.
Alternatively, you may pay by bank transfer. Within New Zealand, you will need only the Account Name, Account Number and put "NZMS Colloquium 2013" (or as much of this that fits) in the reference section. For those paying internationally by bank transfer, the details are below.
|Bank:||ASB Bank Limited|
|Address:||500 Victoria Street, Hamilton, New Zealand|
|Account Name:||The University of Waikato|
|Reference:||NZMS Colloquium 2013|
|GL Code to Credit:||01-99-9999-99-9214-H005|
(The GL code to credit above is for our internal coding. If it is unclear how to include this when paying by bank transfer, please send us an email to say that you have paid.)
Finally, you may also pay by cheque. The cheque should be made out to "The University of Waikato" and sent to:
NZMS Colloquium, Department of Mathematics, University of Waikato, Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand.
Accommodation is not included in the registration and must be booked separately! For information visit the accommodation page.
Registration has closed