Registration has closed
Do not need to register online as an email will be sent to individuals requesting your requirements such as catering, travel and hotel bookings etc.
Registration Fee includes:
- Welcome Reception - 5pm, Sunday 4 December 2016 in room AM102 in the Alan McDiarmid Building
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea - 5-7 December 2016
- Colloquium Dinner - 6pm Tuesday 6 December 2016
For NZMS members:
- Student/retiree $190 (NZD) early bird closes 18 November 2016 - will increase to NZ$250 from 19 November
- Non-student $300 (NZD) early bird closes 18 November 2016 - will increase to NZ$390 from 19 November 2016
- Student / Retiree / Other $360 (NZD) early bird closes 18 November 2016 - will increase to NZ$460 from 19 November 2016
(All transactions are billed in New Zealand Dollars and include GST.)
REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE ON TUESDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2016
To join the NZMS please contact the Membership Secretary.
There will be a welcome reception held on Sunday 4 December 2016, Victoria University, Alan McDiarmid Building (opposite Wishbone), Room AM102, Kelburn Parade, Kelburn Campus, from 5-6.30pm, with registration from 5pm. Entry is at the top of Kelburn Parade, walk under the construction site, left up the stairs next to Wishbone.
The Colloquium Dinner will be on Tuesday 6 December 2016, starts at 7pm until late and held at the Wellesley Boutique Hotel . The venue is 2-8 Maginnity Street, Wellington. Approximately 15 minute walk from the university campus or approximately $10 taxi fare from Victoria University, Kelburn Campus.
The dinner fee is included in the registration which is a christmas menu buffet and limited wine and juice on the table. A cash bar will be available during the night.
Additional dinner tickets can be purchased through the registration system at $70 per head (GST included)
Please indicate whether you intend to present a contributed talk or a poster.
The title and abstract may be submitted now or later. Text only format.
You will need to submit an abstract online by Friday 18 November 2016, Click here to submit your abstract
The rooms used for the talks will have whiteboards, document camera, PC and data projection equipment. Additional equipment may be requested and we will do our best to meet your needs.
It is expected that talks will occupy 25 minutes including questions; 5 minutes will be allowed for movement between sessions.
The poster session will be held at lunchtime on Tuesday 6 December 2016. The poster stands accommodate posters of A0 size or smaller, in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Aitken and ANZIAM Poster Prizes
- The Aitken prize ($500) is awarded by the New Zealand Mathematical Society for the best contributed talk by a student at the Colloquium. Entrants must be enrolled (or have been enrolled) for a degree in mathematics at a university or other tertiary institution in New Zealand in 2016. The Aitken Prize honours the New Zealand-born mathematician A.C. Aitken. “How do I win the Aitken prize: what is looked for in student mathematics presentations?” appeared in the NZMS Newsletter 103 (August 2008), 27-28. There is also an article about posters in the August 2011 of the NZMS Newsletter.
- The ANZIAM poster prize ($200) is awarded to the best poster by an early career researcher (precisely: the first author of the paper must be either a student, or within 5 years of the completion of their highest degree).
If you wish to be considered for either prize, please indicate this on the registration form.
Accommodation is not included in the registration and must be booked separately! For information visit the accommodation page.
Please ensure you know your exact check-in and check-out dates before you register!!
Payment for the conference is by credit card only. A 3% credit card transaction fee will apply to each registration transaction. If there are multiple staff and or students attending from the one institution, you CAN PAY for all these delegates through the registration system.
Cancellation up to Friday 18 November 2016 full refund.
NO refund on any cancellation after Friday 18 November 2016.
Funding is available for people with childcare responsibilities to help cover costs for child care whilst attending the NZMS Colloquium 2016. Funds could be used depending on the individual circumstances, e.g.: extra childcare costs back in the attendee's home town/city, additional accommodation/travel costs relating to a caregiver coming with the attendee to attend the meeting, as well as childcare costs at the event etc. Parents / childcare minders are expected to arrange their care. If you are interested please contact Hung Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2016