We will be offering two excursions on Wednesday afternoon both departing from outside Murphy Building at 2pm. You will need to pay for the excursion in cash at the registration desk on Sunday or Monday.
Please register your interest for these excursions here http://vuw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ddjdZVM9waSDIe9
- Option 1 - Paekakariki Escarpment Walk
Scenic 10km walk from Paekakariki Beach to Pukerua Bay. Transport has been arranged. You will need to provide your own drink bottle, comfortable and warm clothes and shoes for walking, raincoat, food, sunblock, first aid kit, and any other equipment you think you may need.
Cost - $30
Length – 4-5 hours approx. including travel time
- Option 2 - Wellington Craft Beer Tour
A pub crawl to some of the Capitals best craft beer breweries. Attendees will visit Garage Project, The Third Eye Tuatara Temple of Taste and Black Dog Brewery. We will walk to each brewery and a shuttle has been arranged to return attendees to the University after the last stop. The $70 cost will provide you with one beverage at each brewery as well as tasting a tasting experience at Tuatara. Surplus beverages must be purchased by individuals.
Limited to 20 people.
Cost - $70
Length – 4 hours approx.
Things to do in Wellington:
- Wander around downtown
- Te Papa
- Weta Studios
- Beehive Tours
- Nearby trail and walking tracks
- Wellington Cable Car
- Carter Observatory
- Wellington Visitor Information
- Buses timetable and pricing
- Taxi and Shuttle contacts - you can book online if you wish to pre-book
- Wellington Airport
- Five (5) carparks on Kelburn campus will be available and priority is given to delegates with mobility concerns and travelling 50km or more. If you wish to book a carpark, please email Ginny Whatarau your vehicle registration, car make and model, dates you require the carpark and distance you are travelling from to attend the Colloquium. Confirmation will be email out to delegates along with a map where to park your vehicle no later then 1 December 2016.