- Buses run every few minutes from numerous stops around campus and can be viewed on this map by selecting University of Canterbury from the "By key location" drop-down list. The website http://www.metroinfo.co.nz has timetables, route maps and a journey planner for all bus routes in Christchurch. The number 3 line runs from the airport to the Ilam Campus every 30 minutes.
- Three reliable taxi companies are Green Cabs, Blue Star and Gold Band. All three companies offer phone bookings, online bookings and have downloadable booking apps.
- Super Shuttle is an easy and cheap airport transfer option. Bookings can be made online or by calling 0800-SHUTTLE (748885).
Things to do in Christchurch
- There are numerious walking trails in the port hills to the south of Christchurch which offer panoramic views over the city. The council walking track map has all trails marked with their current status.
- If you don't feel like walking, the city gondola is a similar distance and offers stunning panoramic views also.
- If you feel like walking only uphill, the Adventure Park offers free downhill chair lift rides.
- Visit He Puna Taimoana and enjoy stunning ocean views while soaking in five luxurious salt water hot pools. Bookings are required online as there are only four sessions daily with limited capacity. While there, walk 300m out along the New Brighton Pier and enjoy views of the Godley Head to the south and, on a clear day, the Kaikoura Mountains to the north.