Rangitoto from Savage Memorial
Tamaki Yacht Club
Engineering Building, The University of Auckland
The 2011 Colloquium, Tuesday December 6 to Thursday December 8, will be jointly hosted by the University of Auckland and AUT University.
The annual Colloquium brings together the mathematical community of New Zealand while welcoming overseas visitors to join us.
Time will be dedicated to the discussion of all aspects of pure and applied mathematics.
Talks will be given by internationally recognized leaders in the field and also by emerging researchers and postgraduate students.
- John Mason (Open University) “Making Connections: shadows, crossed ladders, couriers, Ceva and parallel sums”
- Kiran Kedlaya (San Diego/MIT) “The Sato-Tate conjecture for elliptic and hyperelliptic curves”
- Graeme Wake (Massey, Auckland) “Mathematics in Medicine: Enhancing your health” — ANZIAM Lecturer Lecture slides
- Alan McIntosh (ANU) "The Square Root Problem of Kato for Elliptic Operators – a Survey with Emphasis on Related First Order Systems" — NZIAS Lecturer
- Charles Semple (Canterbury) "Realizing phylogenies with local information" — NZMS Research Award winner
- Hinke Osinga (Auckland) “The role of global manifolds in the transition to chaos in the Lorenz system”
Number Theory Satellite Meeting — Monday December 5
Probably running from 10:30 to 17:00. There will be no fee to attend this meeting.
- Florian Luca (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
- Victor Flynn (Oxford)
- Kiran Kedlaya (UC San Diego/MIT)
- Alina Bucur (UC San Diego)
- Kevin Broughan (Waikato, NZ)
- Shaun Cooper (Massey, NZ)
Abstracts here: http://www.math.auckland.ac.nz/~sgal018/NumberTheoryDay2011.htm
|$320||NZMS non-member/late registration (after Monday November 21st)|
|$160||Student (or $180 after November 21st)|
Deadline extended to: Monday 31 October 2011
Engineering School, Symonds Street, University of Auckland
Building 401/403 on University Map
From the airport to the city I suggest the following transport:
- Air bus (public bus, cheaper option, stops in many places): http://www.airbus.co.nz/
- Super shuttle (mini-van, takes you to where you want to go): https://www.supershuttle.co.nz/
In both cases it is not necessary to book a ticket in advance.
The Colloquium Dinner has been organized for Wednesday at the Tamaki Yacht Club on Tamaki Drive.
Several accommodation options are provided here.
Contact usSteven Galbraith
Dept of Mathematics
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Tel +64 9 373 7599 ext 88777 or 85886
Web-related issues: Email email@example.com
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the following organizations for this event: