Before you begin the registration process, please consider the following items and prepare your answers where relevant. A link to the registration form can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please indicate whether you intend to attend:
- the Arrival and Registration reception on the evening of Monday, 6 December. This event is included in the registration fee.
Morning tea is included for those attending in-person on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Lunch and afternoon tea are included on only Tuesday and Thursday.
Please indicate dietary restrictions in the registration form if this is a concern for any of the above.
Please indicate whether you intend to present a contributed talk or a poster, and select the subject area from the list provided.
You will need to submit your title and an abstract online by 12th November, using the link provided when you register.
The rooms used for the talks will have whiteboards, document camera, PC and data projection equipment. Note that in some rooms, it is impossible to use the projection screen and whiteboard at the same time so if you require this, please let the committee know.
It is expected that talks will occupy 25 minutes including questions; 5 minutes will be allowed for movement between sessions.
The poster session will be held at lunchtime on Tuesday. The poster stands accommodate posters of A0 size or smaller, in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Aitken and ANZIAM Poster Prizes
- The Aitken prize ($500) is awarded by the New Zealand Mathematical Society for the best contributed talk by a student at the Colloquium. Entrants must be enrolled (or have been enrolled) for a degree in mathematics at a university or other tertiary institution in New Zealand in 2021. The Aitken Prize honours the New Zealand-born mathematician A.C. Aitken. “How do I win the Aitken prize: what is looked for in student mathematics presentations?” appeared in the NZMS Newsletter 103 (August 2008), 27-28. There is also an article about posters in the August 2011 of the NZMS Newsletter.
- The ANZIAM poster prize ($200) is awarded to the best poster by an early career researcher (precisely: the first author of the paper must be either a student, or within 5 years of the completion of their highest degree).
If you wish to be considered for either prize, please indicate this on the registration form.
Please complete registration on or before 19 November 2021. Any late registrations after this date will be charged an additional $50.
- Education afternoon only: free
- Student/retiree: $150
- Non-student (NZMS member): $250
- Non-student (non-NZMS member): $300
- All fee categories: $100
(The above amounts include GST.)
The cancellation policy is as follows:
- Registration cancelled on or before 19 November: registration fee less a $50 administration fee will be refunded.
- Cancellation made after 19 November: registration fees will not be refunded. Note that replacement delegates will be accepted at any time.
Payment by credit card is the preferred method. To pay by credit card, please follow the link made available after you complete the on-line registration form.
If this payment method is not possible, please contact the commitee directly by emailing email@example.com. We can arrange an alternative payment method for you.
Accommodation is not included in the registration and must be booked separately! For information visit the accommodation page.